Just Serve Him

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Monday

Monday was our first day on the job. Everyone I asked "did you have a good day?" or "do you have a good team?" gave me an enthusiastic yes with a smile on their face. When I asked the rookies "are you having fun?" or "are you glad you came?" I got the same response. :-)

The camp theme this year is "Be Seen: Live Uncommon". At program last night, the speaker challenged the kids. It is easy to "be seen" serving God at camp, but what about when we get home? Not just one week out of the year, but every day.

He also talked about the fact that what you are doing and how it is perceived can vary by the audience. For example the pic that could be a vase or two faces.... I see both but some folks only see one or the other.

There is on chaperone here that is at her 12th camp!! I am only at my 2nd but I look forward to many more (it helps that I have younger kids)!!

If that doesn't tell you what an awesome experience CHWC is (as a parent), I don't know what will!! If you have even considered the thought of coming along for a second, you need to do it! It is an awe inspiring experience to see hundreds of teens serving The Lord!

God bless!

Brenda

Sent from my iPhone 👓

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom! Hi Jo! Glad to hear everyone is having a good time. We're thinking about you. Zoe misses you like crazy already. She just stands at the end of the driveway waiting for you to come home. Pretty sure she'll still be standing there when you get back. :) Keep up the good work. Love -- Jen, Brandon, & Emerson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone!!

    I left 2 messages on the picture section of the blog. I hope you get this message today :) I'm so happy to hear everything is going well. your weather forcast looks great! I'm so happy to see that so you guys can do all the work God has called you to do with no problems. I read 1 Timothy 4:12 everyday. I LOVE that verse. It's my new favorite. I have been using my time while my kids are gone, reflecting on this verse. When they come home I am sure I will see teens who have stronger Faith and bigger hearts and love for those around them. I will try my hardest to continue to support them, respect them more and help them to hold onto all they have experienced and felt this whole week. Please tell Cassi and Andrew I love them so much and their dad and I are so very proud of them and all of you out east serving God. Love to all and warm hugs sent, Laurie Robinson (mom) xoxo

    ReplyDelete